Havar Inc. is looking for qualified candidates to provide home and community based supports for children and adults with developmental disabilities in Athens and Washington counties. Duties would include but are not limited to direct care assistance with daily living skills, hygiene, preparing meals, completing household chores, outings/social activities, and appointments.
A variety of flexible shifts could be available to cover Morning, Afternoon, Evening, and Overnight, 24 hour, Weekend and Live-In positions.
We offer extensive paid on the job training with competitive wages that range from $8.35 per hour to $11.64 per hour with personal, sick and vacation benefits; subsidized group health insurance; employer-paid life insurance and dental coverage available after completion of a probationary period.
Havar, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for employment.
- Proof of citizenship or immigration status will be required upon employment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current valid Driver License (and able to pass a driver’s record check with less than 6 points for insurance purposes)
- Applicants must have a phone, reliable transportation and auto insurance
- Satisfactory pre-employment screenings including but not limited to;
- a. Pre-employment Drug Test,
- b. Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigations background check (non Ohio residents will be submitted to FBI background checks),
- c. Ohio Department of DD Abuser Registry,
- d. Ohio Nursing Abuser Registry,
- e. TB Skin test or equivalent,
Either currently certified under DODD training qualifications or willing and able to meet those training requirements as offered by Havar Inc. or other approved providers. Other training offered includes Heart Association First Aid and CPR, Behavioral Support among other required topics.
We invite you to apply for job opportunities for Athens County through:
Career Connections, Inc
280 E. State Street, Suite A, Athens OH 45701
In Marietta please contact Donna Duskey at 740-373-7175 for more information about joining our team.
If You’d Like to Become a Volunteer Please Contact:
Phone Number: (740) 594-3533 Fax Number: (740) 593-3894
Attn: Lisa Simpson
Volunteers may need to submit background and drivers records checks, and TB testing. You may also be required to pass First Aid and CPR training. Havar will keep records of volunteer hours for future references and will reimburse mileage. Havar will provide training as necessary.
Currently accepting volunteer applications to work at the Athens South Side Park Miniature Golf Course. Putt People First is offering 2-4 hour volunteer shifts with or without Havar consumers. Hours available Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 4pm to 8pm. And Saturday and Sunday noon to 8pm. The golf course provides part time remunerative employment for people who have developmental disabilities, and who need partners at the job site to assist with tasks that include the following skills; equipment rental, customer relations, light janitorial and grounds keeping, minor maintenance of course decorations / obstacles, records keeping.